How to Secure Your Digital Life
What Has Changed Recently as Far as Data Security Is Concerned?
What Has Been Done to Secure Private Data?
- Know about information a business collects about them, and how it is used and shared.
- Delete information collected about them.
- Opt out of the sale of their information.
- Non-discrimination for exercising these rights.
- Processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
- Collected and processed for specific legitimate purposes.
- Limited to necessary data points.
- Accurate and updated.
- Stored for a limited amount of time.
- Kept secure.
- Protected by the controller of the data.
Digital Security, Privacy and Anonymity
Common Tools to Keep Your Digital Life Secure
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Consumer Reports: Guide to Digital Security & Privacy
- Electronic Frontier Foundation: Surveillance Self-Defense: Tips, Tools and How-Tos for Safer Online Communications
- Forbes: 10 Tips for Keeping Your Personal Info Safe Online
- New York Times: How to Protect Your Digital Privacy
- PCMag: 12 Simple Things You Can Do to Be More Secure Online
- PCMag: How to Find Out if Your Password Has Been Stolen