5 Pieces of Advice From Leading Women in Tech
Meet the Faculty
Explore every opportunity.
Understand that not everyone needs a 20-year plan.
Redefine the typical mentor-mentee relationship.
Push back against the fear of rejection.
Give each other space to make decisions.
Set clear expectations and goals with your colleagues.
Express your insecurities.
Ask all your questions.
Recognize that mistakes are learning experiences.
See that the scariest opportunities can be the most rewarding.
Additional Resources for Women in Tech
- Changing the Curve: Women in Computing
- The Power of Data: How Berkeley’s I School Is Bringing More Women into Data Science
- MIDS and MICS Alumni Mentorship Programs
- Berkeley School of Information Leadership Development Program
- Data Bytes Podcast, Women in Data
- Women Startup Challenges and Grants, Women Who Tech
- 20 Worthwhile Conferences for Women in Tech, CIO