Year in Review: 2017 MIDS Program Report
2017 Report Highlights
- Program growth: Admitted students increased by 275 percent. We had 300 admitted students by the end of 2016, compared to 80 admitted students the previous year. The academic credentials of admitted students is on par with the on-campus MIMS student body.
- Women in tech: The percentage of women in our program increased from 21 to 27 percent over the past year. This was a major initiative for the program; we sent recruiters to multiple women in computing and technology conferences to help support our mission of recruiting and retaining women in technology.
- Career outcomes: As of December 2016, the median salary of graduates was $120,000. Additionally, three-quarters of graduates reported salary increases, and one-third reported promotions.
- Prestigious placements: Our graduates are now working for some of the most innovative technology companies in the United States, including Apple, Facebook, Google, and IBM.
- Student satisfaction: Our net promoter score, assessed by enrolled students, is at an all-time high of 68, compared to 59 the previous year.